January 2021: Character of the Month – Crewmember (first class) Jamie Harris
The captain’s yeoman, the man who literally runs all areas of the ship’s administration and business maybe young but is certainly a pro at his work. Without him Fleet Captain Burton couldn’t run Challenger in such a smooth way. For January we are learning five facts about him! They are:
- Like so many young people of his generation, the Xindi attack made him reconsider his career prospects and he enlisted in Starfleet in 2152.
- His first posting was at Starfleet Operations as an admin officer and clerk to the director and deputy director (Rear Admiral Gardner and Captain Karim).
- Karim took him with her when she took command of Challenger. Sadly though her death prior to the ship’s launch prevented the two of them working in deep space. Instead Harris would go on to serve under Burton instead.
- He was commended by Earth’s Foreign Secretary during their diplomatic mission to Denobula.
- After being shot during a trading mission, Jamie insisted on undertaking training to be able to better protect himself from his friends in the MACO.
Find out more about our favourite admin manager here.