November 2020: Character of the Month – Corporal Liam Jenkins
We’ve met one half of the Challenger‘s golden couple, let’s meet the other half! This month we are getting to know Corporal Liam Jenkins! Here are five fantastic facts about him:
- Liam shares the same birth coastline as Captain Burton (southern England). This is where he grew up for his entire early life and after deciding not to go off to university, he remained at home with his parents running their own businesses.
- Liam always wears a Saint Christopher chain around his neck for good luck. His younger brother has the exact same one, it was a gift from Connor (his brother) shortly after he finished his initial training with the MACOs.
- When he joined Challenger, his first mission included him being kidnapped by the Orions. Fortunately for him he wasn’t as badly treated compared to the senior staff that were taken from the ship.
- He was the youngest member of the Challenger crew when the ship launched.
- Liam was caught kissing with his then boyfriend, Ensign Niall Stewart, by Captain Burton. Shortly after this their relationship became public knowledge across the ship.
You can find out more about Corporal Liam Jenkins here.